struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Question regarding struts.multipart.maxSize
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 20:36:05 GMT
Siemback, Chris wrote:
> Hello all - sorry if this is a newbie question, but I haven't seen this
> addressed before.  I'm currently using the fileupload interceptor in my
> application.  I have 2 distinct portions of the web site where I'd like
> to have users upload files.  The problem is the struts..multipart.maxSize
> attribute seems to be global.  I'd like to have one upload allow for a
> much larger size than the other portion of the site.  Is this possible?
> I have multiple "packages" defined, but it looks like only the default
> struts.xml value is being used.  Is this correct?  Or should I be able
> to apply a difference value for each package?  Is it possible to apply a
> different maxSize value for different packages, or does this need to be
> done programmatically?  Thanks!

According to the documentation [1] FileUploadInterceptor has a
maximumSize parameter, which you should be able to configure differently
per interceptor stack. I'm not sure how that interacts with
struts.multipart.maxSize, though; it's possible the global configuration
option would override per-stack configuration. You'll have to try it
with and without struts.multipart.maxSize set to know.

L.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11.1/docs/file-upload-interceptor.html