struts-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Mähler <andreas.maeh...@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Subject [S2] Plugin supporting webapp
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2008 02:48:56 GMT
Hello struts-users,

I am currently developing a webapp for my diploma thesis that can be
extended with plugins (JARs that are dropped into a dedicated folder).
I am using the Java Plugin Framework[1] to do this and I was already
able to move certain policies (e.g. search or tag cloud generation) to
plugins and it is working fine.

I have the following questions:

1) Is there a way to alter the struts config (e.g. add new Actions)
programmatically? It would be cool, if I could create plugins that add
actions at runtime.

2) I already know that it is not possible to use JSPs in the JAR files
to inject HTML fragments to the website and that I need to learn
Freemaker (as Freemaker-Templates can be stored in the classpath). But
how do I create exactly the same environment that the calling JSP page
has (ValueStack, etc.) so that I can use e.g. the Struts 2 tags in the
template? I have already had a look at the S2 source, but I haven't got
it yet.

Thanks in advance!
~Andreas

[1] http://jpf.sourceforge.net