struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: <s:property> tags nested
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 19:42:36 GMT
Alejandro77 wrote:
> Good morning.
>
> I want to make the following order:
>
> <s:property value="<s:property value="property" />" />
>
> With this order pretend that the value of attribute value of the first tag
> <s:property> is dynamic but gives an error.
> Does anyone know how I get that?

That's not legal JSP syntax, which is why you get an error. For this
specific use case, however, there may be a simple way to do it:

   <s:property value="%{getText('property')}"/>

That might work, depending on whether the framework is smart enough to
detect and reject the OGNL 'double evaluation'. If it is, the next thing
I'd try would be a more explicit formulation:

   <s:property value="%{getText(getText('property'))}"/>

I haven't tried either, though, so YMMV...

L.