struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: [S2] URL management
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:47:47 GMT
If the URLs you are substituting in are external to the web app, they
don't need to be 's2-friendly'; an external site doesn't care about your
Struts app's session ID, etc. If the URLs are (or may be) internal to
the application, however, you do need to take care of that. In that
case, use s:url tags directly, generating the attribute values (as
opposed to trying to generate the entire s:url tag).

You haven't how you're exposing the URLs to the page (are they embeded
in larger text blocks? Are they stand-alone text fields in the DB?) but
essentially what you'd want is to be able to write something like this
in your JSP:

... <s:url value="%{myurl}"/> ...

where 'myurl' is either a property containing the URL with the PHP tags
already stripped, or a method that looks up the URL and does the PHP tag
stripping.

The key point is, you can't build something that generates the s:url
tags themselves, you you can build something that generates the input
data you need to feed to the s:url tags.

L.