struts-user mailing list archives

From "Yanis Kekatos" <keka...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven Archetype
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:52:49 GMT
HI all,
I am trying to run the Struts Maven Archetype following the
instructions of the page
http://struts.apache.org/2.1.2/docs/ready-set-go.html but I get the
following error. Any help on this?

C:\dev\projects>mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=tutorial
-DartifactId=tutorial -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts
-DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter
-DarchetypeVersion=2.0.9-SNAPSHOT
-DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] [archetype:create]
[WARNING] This goal is deprecated. Please use mvn archetype:generate instead
[INFO] Defaulting package to group ID: tutorial
[INFO] We are using command line specified remote repositories:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.struts:struts2-archetype-starter:2.0.9-SNAPSHOT: checking
for updates from id0
Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/struts/struts2-archetype-starter/2.0.9-SNAPSHOT/struts2-archetype-starter-2.0.9-SNAPSHOT.jar
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error creating from archetype

Embedded error: OldArchetype does not exist.
Unable to download the artifact from any repository
[INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Sep 18 13:45:03 EEST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 8M/15M