struts-user mailing list archives

From "Zarar Siddiqi" <zar...@gmail.com>
Subject Using JSP 2.0 syntax inside Sitemesh decorator
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:14:37 GMT
I can't believe I haven't run into this issue before but I just noticed that
you can't use JSP 2.0 syntax inside a Sitemesh decorator.

My Sitemesh config is exactly like as described here:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/sitemesh-plugin.html

The only difference is that I'm using PageFilter instead of
FreeMarkerPageFilter since I'm not using Freemarker.

If I store something in session under a key called "user", I should be able
to access it like so: ${user} or ${sessionScope.user} inside a JSP page.  It
works fine on standalone JSP pages but not inside decorators.

Any idea what the workaround or fix here is?

Thanks,
Zarar