struts-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Baetz <baetz.paderb...@arcor.de>
Subject Re: quest on dynamic redirect
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:38:09 GMT
here a longer explanation:

when I realizes the user isnt authenticated the link (the action to be
called) is saved (in a bean, a session, somewhere where you find it back
later)
then the user logs himself in. the login action logs him in, checks if a
redirect was saved (in the bean, the session,.....)
and returns a special result

<result name="redirect" type="redirectAction">${redirectTo}</result>

the string inside the result is the return value of the call
"getredirectTo" on the value stack (where the action lies on top)
so if your user wants to get a.action all you have to do is return
redirect as the result of the login action and return "a" for getredirectTo.

Greetings,
Alexander