struts-user mailing list archives

From ManiKanta G <manikanta.g...@sifycorp.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Ajax error
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:51:03 GMT
Thanks Dave.

I'll Will do accordingly.

Thanks,
ManiKanta

Dave Newton wrote:
> --- On Wed, 9/10/08, ManiKanta G wrote:
>
>> Yes, from action class I m returning entire jsp page.
>>

> Well, that would explain why you're seeing an entire page in the div, then.
>

>> How can I return HTML fragment? you mean another jsp page
>> which contains only that html fragment?
>>

> Yes, if you're loading the div with HTML.
>

>> If it is the case I may have to create many small jsps,
>> which may in the order of 100s.
>>

> That's what Ajax does (loosely speaking): returns HTML fragments (or data as JSON, XML,
etc.). That's the point of it--so you don't have to return entire pages and refresh the entire
window.

>> And is there any way to substitute the <s:submit...> with <s:a..>.
>> I've  tried with this, but only submit is making request to action.
>>

> Examples of using <s:a...> to both populate a div and to submit a form, inside
or outside said form, are given in the documentation for both S2 versions. If you have specific
questions it'll be easier to help.

> Dave

********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin@sifycorp.com