struts-user mailing list archives

From cacodemon79 <cacode...@inwind.it>
Subject Problems with Indexed Properties, Hidden Values and Logic Iterate Tag
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2008 10:01:42 GMT

Hi to all.
I'm using Struts 1.3, Tomcat 6.0 and Eclipse.

I have a problem with Indexed Properties.
I have a jsp that should save hidden values and pass it to the linked
Action.

I show you my code.

********
JSP PAGE
********

<logic:notEmpty name="creazioneProfiloUtenteForm" property="listaSport">
o_n_c_h_a_n_g_e="javascript:submitForm('creazioneProfiloUtenteForm','caricamentoRuoliAttributiSport.do')">

								<logic:iterate id="hSportBean" name="creazioneProfiloUtenteForm"
property="listaSport">
								</logic:iterate>
							</logic:notEmpty>

where
- 'listaSport' is a list containing a list of sports. This list is correctly
populated by the previous Action through 'select' and 'optionsCollection'
tags.
- 'hSportBean' is a LabelValueBean list where I have to save the select
options.

***********
ACTION FORM
***********

public class CreazioneProfiloUtenteForm extends ActionForm
{
	private String sport;
	private ArrayList listaSport;
	private ArrayList listaRuoli;
	private Object[] ruoliSelezionati;

	public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping,HttpServletRequest
request) {
		return null;
	}

	public void reset(ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest request) {

	}

	public LabelValueBean getHSportBean(int index)
    {
        if(this.listaSport == null)
        {
            this.listaSport = new ArrayList();
        }

        while(index >= this.listaSport.size())
        {
            this.listaSport.add(new LabelValueBean());
        }

        return (LabelValueBean) listaSport.get(index);
    }

	public String getSport() {
		return sport;
	}

	public void setSport(String sport) {
		this.sport = sport;
	}

	public ArrayList getListaSport() {
		return listaSport;
	}

	public void setListaSport(ArrayList listaSport) {
		this.listaSport = listaSport;
	}

	public ArrayList getListaRuoli() {
		return listaRuoli;
	}

	public void setListaRuoli(ArrayList listaRuoli) {
		this.listaRuoli = listaRuoli;
	}

	public Object[] getRuoliSelezionati() {
		return ruoliSelezionati;
	}

	public void setRuoliSelezionati(Object[] ruoliSelezionati) {
		this.ruoliSelezionati = ruoliSelezionati;
	}

}

******
ACTION
******

public class CaricamentoRuoliAttributiSportAction extends Action
{
	public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm
form,HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
	{
		CreazioneProfiloUtenteForm creazioneProfiloUtenteForm =
(CreazioneProfiloUtenteForm) form;// TODO Auto-generated method stub
			sportSelezionato = creazioneProfiloUtenteForm.getSport();

//HERE I HAVE TO LOAD HIDDEN VALUES SAVED IN JSP PAGE

	}
}

The problem is that I can't load in Action the hidden values saved in the
jsp page.
I tried to print the values received

System.out.println((creazioneProfiloUtenteForm.getHSportBean(0)).getLabel())
System.out.println((creazioneProfiloUtenteForm.getHSportBean(0)).getValue());
but I always obtain null values (for all indexes).

So, I don't know how to solve my problem.

I also followed guidelines in:
http://faq.javaranch.com/java/IndexedProperties
http://faq.javaranch.com/java/IndexedProperties
http://struts.apache.org/1.x/struts-taglib/indexedprops.html