struts-user mailing list archives

From esemba <ese...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] URL management
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 22:09:18 GMT

Thank you for your reply.
So you think there is now way, how to parse urls out of the text stored in
the db and make them s2-friendly (i mean jsessionid rewriting in case of
disabled cookies, etc.)?

esemba wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm migrating my old php website to Struts 2 and have problem with url
> management. In my db, i have urls tagged like this
> [url]http://url.com/[/url]. In php, i just do regexp replace of this
> custom
> url tags with proper html tags. I would need to do something like this in
> struts 2, but want to use <s:url>. Best solution would be like this: In
> jsp(ognl) replace every occurrence of [url]url string[/url] with
> <s:url value= ">.

That wouldn't work, since JSP custom action tags are processed at page
compilation time; by the time your substitution happened (during page
rendering) it's too late to introduce s:url tags.

I this case, you probably don't need s:url tags anyway; just use vanilla
HTML  ...