struts-user mailing list archives

From UseTheFork <jvers...@gmail.com>
Subject Hibernate versus Swing and Struts (newbie questions)
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:14:28 GMT

Hi,

I am exploring J2EE technologies and frameworks. I know that Hibernate is a
framework technology to map Objects to Relational databases. My questions
are the following:

1) I understand that there is not overlap between Hibernate and Struts.
Therefore, both technologies are completely compatible. Is this correct?

2) Swing offers a set a of functionalities to access data via a DAO (Data
Access Object) layer. These objects provide facilities to transfer data
between databases and Swing code. However, Spring can also use Hibernate
instead of its DAO layer to transfer data. Is this correct?

3) Hibernate looks like a very natural way to create/persist objects for
those having a strong background with Java Standard Edition. It looks like
Hibernate is better than Swing DAO, is this correct? If not, why?

Thank you,

J.