struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: [S2] Reason for having Prepare interceptor before Param interceptor?
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:12:26 GMT
Struts Two wrote:
> Is there any reason that "Prepare" interceptor" is called before "Param" interceptor
in the default stack, I see numerous occasions, at least in my case, that you want to have
prepare() method run based on user selection. I understand that I can build my stack the suits
my needs, However; I was wondering if someone can kindly elaborate on why having prepare interceptor
after the params may not be considered a "reasonable default" as opposed to current one?

It's a trade-off. Perpare-Param supports different usage senarios than
would Parm-Prepare. As you noted yourself, you can always customize the
stack to support your requirements. Or use the Param-Prepare-Param stack
that's already provided.

L.