struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ylva Degerfeldt" <ylva.degerfe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RE: [S2]Validation with xml file not working
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:02:20 GMT
About the interceptors on the default stack I don't know how to check
that since it's built in. But "Struts in Action" says that in the
struts-default.xml, the validation interceptor comes before the
workflow interceptor. And I don't think that's the problem anyway
since simple validation is working.

It's just this weird "URI is not hierarchical" exception which happens
(among other places) in ValidatorFactory.parseValidators

Anyone who has any ideas why this is happening?

Stephan, are you getting this exception too?

/Ylva

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 10:15 AM, "Stephan Schröder" <simon.void@gmx.de> wrote:

> actually, now i have the same problem (or a variation of it) :-)
>
> I develop under Vista with eclipse. When i deploy the webapp from eclipse (to Tomcat6)
validation works fine. But when i export to war-file and deploy it on my xubuntu laptop with
Tomcat6, validation is omitted. The validation-files are present in the war-file. Could this
be because of a different xml file encoding? (On vista it's UTF8. I have no idea what Tomcat6
expects but UTF8 sounds reasonable.)