struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: struts2: simple ajax form - returns value to a new page (not to a DIV)
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:49:57 GMT

you can send your action to javascript function
and use dojo to talk  to the XMLHttpRequest object
parse the XML response
and then set innerHtml of the div tag to the parsed_response

<script language="JavaScript">

<!-- Begin

function doit()

{

var xmlhttp=dojo.hostenv.getXmlhttpObject()
var response= xmlhttp.responseXML;
var parsed_response=SomeXMLParser(response);
document.getElementByTagId("div").innerHtml = parsed_response;
-->
</script>

yes/no?
Martin