struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Refactoring Action classes
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 14:33:11 GMT
--- On Wed, 8/6/08, Milan Milanovic wrote:
> newton.dave wrote:
>> --- On Wed, 8/6/08, Milan Milanovic wrote:
>>> No, my cookies are enabled all the time. But if my
>>> JSessionID is not automatically appended to the new
>>> location by container/struts2 in case of redirect action, why ?
>>
>> Probably because cookies are enabled all the time.
>
> I don't understand, but enabled cookies is defualt
> behavior, isn't it ?

Passing the session ID in the link is the workaround for someone not having their cookies
enabled. It'll also happen on the first page hit because it can't tell if cookies are enabled.

I think most users have cookies enabled, although since it's a browser issue I'd hesitate
to call almost anything "default".

Another reason you could lose session is moving between HTTP and HTTPS; some servers will
use a different session. I'm assuming they all have a way to share the session, though.

Dave