struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dasgupta, Ranjan" <Ranjan.Dasgu...@ps.net>
Subject RE: Using iterator tag to retrieve list from session
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:10:58 GMT
you are using the same instance of the Round object and adding to the list. create a new Round()
in your while loop.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chriss Nold [mailto:chriss.nold@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:26 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Using iterator tag to retrieve list from session

Thanks Lukasz,
    most of the java/struts I know I learned while working for a company that used sessions,
so that's what I used and I have never used Hibernate.
Do you know of any good resources for this off hand?  I have no problem with learning new
tech, I am the only person on this project, so have no feedback on what I could do to improve..
lol I think that I may have found part of the problem.  When I put the following println in
my action class:

        session.put("eventList", eventList); System.err.println("Session objects: " + session.get("eventList"));

I received the following results in my console:
Session objects: [round.Round@1ede0c9, round.Round@1ede0c9, round.Round@1ede0c9]

Wouldn't this indicate that the same round object is being referenced three times?

Thanks,
Chriss

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Lukasz Lenart <lukasz.lenart@googlemail.com