struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gundersen, Richard" <Richard.Gunder...@london-scottish.com>
Subject 2 Validation Questions
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:20:04 GMT
Would really appreciate any help with the following (sent yesterday).
Just a pointer to some good docs would be great

-------------------------------------

Basic question sorry (looked all over but can't find the answer)

1) When validation fails for my 'username' textfield, the error message
is displayed ABOVE the text box.

Is it possible to have more fine-grained control over how to position
the error message. Ideally I would like it below (and in line with) the
text box.

2) If I enter an invalid value twice, the original message is still
there, so I have two 'username is invalid' messages on the screen now. I
know this is done by the javascript so I want to know the recommended
way of overriding this behaviour.

Thanks

-Richard

As a responsible corporate citizen, London Scottish Bank plc asks you to consider the environment
before printing this email.

*** Disclaimer ***

This electronic communication is confidential and for the exclusive use of the addressee.
It may contain private and confidential information. The information, attachments and opinions
contained in this E-mail are those of its author only and do not necessarily represent those
of London Scottish Bank PLC or any other members of the London Scottish Group.

If you are not the intended addressee, you are prohibited from any disclosure, distribution
or further copying or use of this communication or the information in it or taking any action
in reliance on it. If you have received this communication in error please notify the Information
Security Manager at ISM@London-Scottish.com as soon as possible and delete the message from
all places in your computer where it is stored.

We utilise virus scanning software but we cannot guarantee the security of electronic communications
and you are advised to check any attachments for viruses. We do not accept liability for any
loss resulting from any corruption or alteration of data or importation of any virus as a
result of receiving this electronic communication.

Replies to this E-mail may be monitored for operational or business reasons. London Scottish
Bank PLC is regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

London Scottish Bank plc, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3NW Registered Number
973008 England.

Subsidiary Companies:-

London Scottish Finance Limited, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3NW Registered
Number 233259 England.

London Scottish Broking Limited, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3NW Registered
Number 230110 England.

London Scottish Invoice Finance Limited, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3NW
Registered Number 2643766 England.

Robinson Way & Company Limited, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3NW Registered
Number 885896 England.