struts-user mailing list archives

From "Pierre Thibaudeau" <pierre.thibaud...@gmail.com>
Subject [S2] problem still with "actionRedirect" and "redirect" results (Struts2.1.2)
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 03:49:25 GMT
I have read a number of reports spanning the last year and describing the
problem of wanting to attach parameters to an actionRedirect, as in the
following example:

            <result name="input" type="redirectAction">
                <param name="actionName">myAction</param>
                <param name="id">23</param>
            </result>

This issue has been raised a number of times, I believe, but I am not
certain what the official current status is nowadays.  I seem to gather that
some people think it has been resolved prior to 2.1.2, yet I keep getting
the same error messages as described in earlier posts about it (OGNL
complaining that the "id" parameter cannot be applied to
ServletActionRedirectResult, or something of the kind).

The JIRA tracker lists the following issues:
as fixed in version 2.0.8, but it certainly doesn't work in 2.1.2.

(To be honest, my moving from Struts1 to Struts2 has been a very positive
experience---apart for OGNL's idiosyncracies, which are very trying. But
this one problematic issue about redirectAction is a real shock and
disappointment.  Assuming that I am right that there is still a bug there
(and I hope I am wrong!), I would personally vote for giving that issue the
highest level of priority.)