struts-user mailing list archives

From dm_thor <vba...@vicr.com>
Subject Handling general multipart file posts
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:57:06 GMT

Hi all,

I am working on an application that needs to implement multiple uploads. As
a solution I used a small client-side flash file called SWFUpload to allow
for the functionality I need.

My application runs primarily within the struts framework; however, I have
been unable to figure out how to handle the post request the .swf file sends
to my server. I have been able to get a working solution using UploadBean
from Javazoom; however, I would really like to use struts to handle this
request so that I can have tighter integration with my core framework. As
such, I need to be able to handle a multipart post containing a file from
any source, regardless of whether or not the client knows its contents. This
means I can't use a bean behind the JSP page because all the management and
posting is handled from within the .swf file. As far as I can tell from my
investigation, I cannot change anything to do with the way the post is
generated.

I have seen some older references to MultipartRequestWrapper in Struts 1.1,
but I haven't seen anything with enough code present to help me figure out
how to handle these requests. I am not particularly good at getting raw HTTP
decoded and organized so the more descriptive the code example the better.
If anybody could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.