struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 'include' struts.xml stuff is broken?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:09:42 GMT
In addition to the other replies, I'll add my own.

--- On Tue, 7/15/08, Dave Belfer-Shevett <dbs@homeport.org> wrote:
> [...] the documentation page for this, naturally, provides
> no examples of what the include file should look like.

"Naturally?"

Sniping aside: the "include" documentation [1] states the following:

"Each included file must be in the same format as struts.xml, including the DOCTYPE. The include
files can be placed anywhere on the classpath and should be referred to by that path by the
"file" attribute."

To me that implies a well-formed, complete S2 config file.

> It should be a linear include, and the resulting document
> is parsed by SAX, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

I don't know if "should" is an appropriate word here. It may not meet your expectations, but
it works as described, and in some ways is better than a linear include.

Dave

[1] "include" documentation:
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/include-configuration.html