struts-user mailing list archives

Subject Help please TOMCAT 5 + Struts
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:05:12 GMT
Hello for everybody;

We have a big trouble with our Web Application. Our Tomcat 5.5 Server is working properly,
as we can see. The problem is concerning to the Web Project. It’s frizzing randomly. It
doesn’t matter how many time was reloaded. From this moment never user can get in the Web
Site. At the browser address bar we can see the session id that was assigned to the new session,
but never the home page is presented, and we must be going to reload it. This reloading is
making on the Tomcat Server.

Web application historical summary:

The Trapsatur Project was hosting on a Tomcat 4 Web Server, it was installed in our offices.
It was working almost properly, but slowly. Cause that, we decided to get out this Server
to be housing at office’s ISP, front to Internet. At this moment we passed to Tomcat 5.5.26.
It was begin of troubles.

We are adjusting the Web Application and the Tomcat Server continuously. We resolved problems
with DB connection, someone errors with SMTP server. In addition we adjusted several Tomcat’s
and JVM’s parameters. Now we are doing some tests. We have assumed that the problem is the
difference between servlet.jar used by our Web Project, and the servlet.jar used by Tomcat
Server.

We want to thank in advance any help from any body.

Best regard;

/* Some mistakes catalina.out */

Exception in thread "DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen
space

Exception in thread "DefaultQuartzScheduler_QuartzSchedulerThread" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
PermGen space

Exception in thread "http-80-Processor31" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Exception in thread "http-80-Processor32" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Exception in thread "ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
PermGen space

17-jul-2008 16:37:56 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol pause

INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-80

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

17-jul-2008 16:38:59 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener lifecycleEvent

INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments
was not found on the java.library.path: /opt/jdk1.5.0_15/jre/lib/i386/server:/opt/jdk1.5.0_15/jre/lib/i386:/opt/jdk1.5.0_15/jre/../lib/i386

17-jul-2008 16:38:59 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init

Christian A. Villamizar Lamus.

Dpto. Informática – Trapsatur.

Tel: 91.542.6666 – Fax: 91.548.0044

Э-mail: c.villamizar@trapsatur.com <mailto:c.villamizar@trapsatur.com>