struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Showing messages after a redirect
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 20:53:40 GMT
Dimitris Mouchritsas on 01/07/08 16:50, wrote:

> Yes, for Struts 1.3.8, sorry I forgot to mention. Actually what I did (but
> it's more or less specific for the action) is to just forward, not redirect.
> But I've got another question now? Is there a way I can pass a parameter in
> the request? I need to pass an id for an Account when I go back to the
> Prepare action. But since I'm not manipulating the url?....

And you can pass a parameter in the request if you built a new Forward based on
the one you want and construct the URL manually. I dug this out of an old app:

forward = mapping.findForward(origForward);
forwardName = forward.getName();
redirect = forward.getRedirect();
//change URL if different URL given
forwardUrl = "/somewhere/else";
forwardUrl += "?" + customQueryString;
forward = new ActionForward(forwardName, forwardUrl,
     redirect);