struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Showing messages after a redirect
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 20:47:14 GMT
Dimitris Mouchritsas on 01/07/08 16:50, wrote:
> Ian Roughley wrote: Yes, for Struts 1.3.8, sorry I forgot to mention.
> Actually what I did (but it's more or less specific for the action) is to
> just forward, not redirect. But I've got another question now? Is there a way
> I can pass a parameter in the request? I need to pass an id for an Account
> when I go back to the Prepare action. But since I'm not manipulating the
> url?....

actually you can put the messages collection into the session if you're ok to
manage it yourself.

session.setAttribute(Globals.MESSAGE_KEY, messages);

and then in the next action redirected to:

ActionMessages messages = new ActionMessages((ActionMessages)
                request.getAttribute(Globals.MESSAGE_KEY));
messages.add((ActionMessages)
                session.getAttribute(Globals.MESSAGE_KEY));