struts-user mailing list archives

From "Pierre Thibaudeau" <pierre.thibaud...@gmail.com>
Subject [S2] action mapping with merely default action
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:43:11 GMT
With Struts1, if I wished to render a JSP page without bothering with the
machinery of an action (yet going through the filters/interceptors), I would
have an action mapping as follows:

        <action path="/home" forward="/static/home.jsp" />

With Struts2, in the same situation, I would do:

        <action name="home" class="com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport">
            <result>/static/home.jsp</result>
        </action>

This is a case where Struts2 is a lot wordier than Struts1.  (I have to do
this about 15 times, for the site's "static" pages...)

Is there a shorthand version?