struts-user mailing list archives

From Andy Law <andy....@roslin.ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: S2: possibly strange namespace use case
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:44:34 GMT

Jeromy Evans - Blue Sky Minds wrote:

> True. The Struts 2 in Action book goes into the next level detail:
>
> http://www.manning.com/dbrown/excerpt_contents.html
>
> but still doesn't cover exactly what you're trying to do.  I know others
> works are in progress but not the details or schedules.

Thanks. I'll order that and see where it takes me (although it gets a
panning on Amazon UK - reviews on Amazon.com are more favourable).

Jeromy Evans - Blue Sky Minds wrote:

> You may need to delve into the source near the DefaultActionMapper and
> ParametersInterceptor variations to understand how it ties together.

Already been there all morning :o}

Thanks a lot for all the advice and discussion. It's been really helpful.

I think that - for now - I'm going with a straightforward wild-card mapping
coupled with a single-set property in the Action which appears in my
empirical testing to guard against "form parameter over-riding" of the
property.

The down-side is the configuration overhead. My separate actions have
distinct results so, although I have a dozen actions that need to share this
behaviour, I have to configure them separately to do it. If I build it later
into an Interceptor then I will be able to just add that to the default
interceptor stack for a package/packages so I may take that route at a later
date.

I *think* that sounds sensible, but I've stared at too much code, struts
'documentation' and Netbeans screens over the past few days to be sure.

Later,

Andy