struts-user mailing list archives

From Andy Law <andy....@roslin.ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: S2: possibly strange namespace use case
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:14:38 GMT

Jeromy Evans - Blue Sky Minds wrote:

>> A short follow-up. Can you point me towards a description of where/when
>> the
>> Action object gets created and where Interceptors fit into the process.
>>

> The architect's guide is a good place to start.
>
> http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11.2/docs/big-picture.html
>
> There's nothing better than a good book though.

That's agreed!

What do you recommend? I have Kurniawan's "Struts 2 Design and Programming"
and Roughley's "Practical Apache Struts2 Web 2.0 projects" and "Starting
Struts 2". None of them go into any kind of detail about this section of
things (which is understandable since (a) it seems to be an edge case, (b)
it is a somewhat moving target and (c) the documentation on-line is 'less
than optimal')

Later,

Andy