struts-user mailing list archives

From Andy Law <andy....@roslin.ed.ac.uk>
Subject S2: possibly strange namespace use case
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:51:12 GMT

All,

I have a usecase that I can't find any docs for in the usual places. Of
course, it may just be that I'm not looking hard enough. However, I wonder
if anyone else has done this kind of thing.

My problem is this...

I have a series of actions that map to distinct urls ... /Action1.action,
/Action2.action etc. Each codes a wizard-style sub-application. The problem
is that I want to add in more information in the URL to the *left* of the
action url and be able to intercept and pass that information into my
actions

e.g.
/foo/Action1.action runs action1 passing in 'foo' and /bar/Action1.action
runs the same action passing in 'bar'.

How should I code/configure/build this kind of thing.

Thanks in advance for any guidance that anyone can give me.

Later,

Andy Law

-----