struts-user mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Struts tags ID generation
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 05:15:05 GMT
Struts 2 will create an id for you when using it's built-in tags. I've
never seen it quite as long as yours... Perhaps you built from a maven
archetype and might have passed in some parameters wrong?

When you leave it up to struts, it will generate unique ids and it will
work w/o intervention. It also works fine if you specify an id, so it's
mostly a matter of preference and whether or not you need to know the id
for some added javascript.

-Wes