struts-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject RE: ExecAndWait (navigating back to the progress page)
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:41:39 GMT
I'm guessing the operation you're waiting for can take quite a while to
complete.  Otherwise modifying the architecture of this probably
wouldn't be worth it.

You might consider the flow of the original action to simply report a
simple "submitted and processing" result, and then implement an
Ajax-based timeout to quickly check the status of the long-running
process.