struts-user mailing list archives

From "Musachy Barroso" <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Action-Redirect Parameter Problem
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 22:46:15 GMT
This should probably be re-opened as a bug. Just thinking out loud
here, there should be some interface that results must implement if
they want to use params this way, so the ReflectionProvider will just
pass the params thru the interface method, instead of trying to set
them as properties.

musachy

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Adam Hardy
<ahardy.struts@cyberspaceroad.com> wrote:
> That's a lucid explanation alright, but there are still a few unanswered
> questions:
>
>  - it's marked as resolved for 2.0.8, presumably the resolution is the
> change of the logging from WARN to DEBUG. However in OgnlUtil line 369 in
> v2.0.9, it's still logged at WARN.
>
>  - perhaps this log level change should be requested and the issue should be
> re-opened as an enhancement?
>
>  - the real enhancement is as Don says, to refactor the code so that no
> exception is thrown.
>
> Musachy Barroso on 02/06/08 18:52, wrote:
>>
>> Don had a better explanation on the issue :)
>>
>> "The actual problem here is the way that results are created. Result
>> parameters are supposed to correspond to properties on the Result
>> object, however the action redirect result uses them as parameters for
>> its URL. When building the result, ognl will throw an exception, which
>> is logged as a warn, if it can't set the property on the result
>> object, which in this case, is ok. I've modified XWork to log them as
>> debug since warn is too harsh. This has the sideeffect of possibly
>> hiding issues with result parameters when they really are result
>> properties, but I think it is the lesser of the two evils. The whole
>> thing needs to be re-evaluated as there shouldn't be any case when
>> exceptions thrown are "ok"."
>>
>> musachy
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Musachy Barroso <musachy@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> If I don't remember wrong, the problem is that the value of params are
>>> set as properties in the Result object. In the case of the
>>> action-redirect result, these params are used as params to the target
>>> action. The params are indeed passed, but when struts tries to set
>>> them as properties in the result, it fails (hence the logged
>>> exception).
>>>
>>> musachy

May 30,

Maven