struts-user mailing list archives

From Randy Burgess <RBurg...@nuvox.com>
Subject Re: fieldError tag
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 16:48:15 GMT
I would search JIRA to make sure that this isn't already implemented in a
later version or to see if there is a JIRA already entered for this.
Submitting a patch that implements this feature, assuming it's not
implemented, would be a good way to go.

Regards,
Randy Burgess
Sr. Web Applications Developer
Nuvox Communications

> From: David Evans <dsevans@berndtgroup.net>
> Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 09:13:30 -0700
> Subject: Re: fieldError tag
>
> Yes, I have that working. In the case of a single field, I would like to
> use a single tag to express the same thing, ie:
> <s:fielderror field="myField" /
>
> After looking at the source code it seems that what I am looking for is
> not currently implemented.
>
> Should I ask about this on the development list?
>
> Dave
>

> On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 08:20 -0300, Felipe Lorenz wrote:
>> HUmmmm ok..
>>
>> Did you try it:
>>
>> <s:fielderror>
>>           <s:param value="%{'field1'}" />
>>           <s:param value="%{'field2'}" />
>>     </s:fielderror>
>>     <s:form .... >
>>     </s:form>
>>
>> I found it on:
>> http://struts.apache.org/2.x/struts2-core/apidocs/org/apache/struts2/componen
>> ts/FieldError.html
>>
>> Try, and tell us about it...
>>
>> Have good day!
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 7:06 PM, David Evans <dsevans@berndtgroup.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm sorry, my explanation was too brief.
>>>
>>> Given that the field "myField" has had a field error added to the
>>> FieldErrors collection, I am wondering if there is a way to display it
>>> on a jsp page that will be shorter than the documented:
>>> <s:fielderror><s:param>myField</s:param></s:fielderror>
>>>
>>> I was hoping for something like:
>>> <s:fielderror field="myField" />
>>>

>>> Dave

This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this Message has been addressed to you in
error, you are not authorized to read, copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please
delete it (including all copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this
Message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of
confidentiality and/or a privilege.