struts-user mailing list archives

From Al Sutton <al.sut...@alsutton.com>
Subject Re: What can you do with S2?
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2008 08:47:13 GMT
Many moons ago I started out using Tomcat, but moved to Jetty because I
work with at a company along with Greg Wilkins and imho he had the righ
attitude towards doing things (get it right rather than just get it out
the door), and I had seen people encounter some problems with Tomcat
(such as the one described at
http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=1037039), but the way it's
handling jsessionid makes me think it's time to move on to a different
appserver.

My current interim approach apache/tomcat55 setup is based on what
OpenSuSE provides as packages (so I can benefit from OpenSuSEs automatic
update system), but even that causes problems (see my recent email about
javamail problems with the 5 day S2.1 demo site I've done).

Maybe Glassfish is my next step, and maybe we need a chart of appservers
we need to test against for a good GA release of struts and the plugins.

Al.