struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brad A Cupit" <b...@lsu.edu>
Subject RE: use OGNL to automatically look in the session?
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 22:46:38 GMT
Chris Pratt wrote:
> #attr doesn't sound like it will work in your case since
> it only searches the old four scopes, and never searches
> the value stack.

After I figured out that Musachy had given me the right answer (and
Martin also gave the right answer), I was a little worried that this
wouldn't do what I wanted, which is to search the Value Stack, then the
page, then the request, then the session, then the application. So I
wrote a quick little experiment and #attr actually does search the value
stack.

I'm not sure which order the scopes are checked, but it works great for
my needs!

I wonder if the request that it's checking is the 'raw' request or the
specially-wrapped request which delegates to the value stack. If it's
the second one, then that makes sense why #attr does what I want!

Thanks again for the help guys!!

Brad Cupit
Louisiana State University - UIS