struts-user mailing list archives

From kindl...@arcor.de
Subject Aw: Struts 2 / Eclipse
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 12:50:53 GMT
Hi Andrew,

I had the same problem some weeks ago and did it the following way:

I prefer to use the Sysdeo Eclipse Tomcat Launcher plugin (http://www.eclipsetotale.com/tomcatPlugin.html).
This gives you integrated Tomcat start/stop functionality and also adds a "Tomcat project"
which gives you the basic infrastructure of a web app.
Then I copy the files from a working Struts (2) application into this project. The Struts
blank application is a good (and minimal) choice. With this you do have the basics of a Struts
based web app in an Eclipse project.
You will have to do some tuning (e. g. add the libraries which you copied to WEB-INF/lib to
your build path, adapt the package structure, ...). I had a bit to fight with the Struts Blank
app packages but renaming them helped.

If you are interested I can send you a zipped minimal project generated this way. It should
work even if you are not using the plugin. In that case you probably have to add the servlet
jars manually to the project.

Martin