struts-user mailing list archives

From Struts Two <struts...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: Struts 2.1.2 action url fails (possible bug)
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 16:43:00 GMT
I did one more test to verify the problem [I also changed the context root - just to get crazy]
and the problem is there [you will find the server partial dump beflow]:
 I first typed:
https://localhost:9445/ccol/index.html
 The url got redirected to the following url [after I was prompted to basic http authentication
dialog]:
 https://localhost:9445/ccol/example/HelloWorld.action
 Now from within the same browser, I can type anyother existing url (including those that
end with .action], everything works fine.
 Then, I opened a new browser, copied the above link in it [https://localhost:9445/ccol/example/HelloWorld.action],
and I got "page not found" error [not to mention that I even did not get prompted for authentication].

 Then I uninstalled the app, and installed the same app [blank.war] for struts 2.0.11 and
It works like charm with no problem.

Here is the partial server dump:

[5/8/08 9:23:38:095 EDT] , key = java.io.FileNotFoundException com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.handleRequest
573
Exception = java.io.FileNotFoundException
Source = com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.handleRequest
probeid = 573
Stack Dump = java.io.FileNotFoundException: /example/HelloWorld.action
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.handleRequest(DefaultExtensionProcessor.java:414)
 at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.handleRequest(DefaultExtensionProcessor.java:113)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3276)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:267)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:811)
 at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1455)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:113)
 at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:454)
 at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:383)
 at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:263)
 at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink.determineNextChannel(SSLConnectionLink.java:1002)

http://www.flickr.com/gift/