struts-user mailing list archives

From Pranav <>
Subject Struts2 regex validation question
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 23:19:43 GMT

I want to put a validation in struts2 using field-validator type="regex" such that any string
which contains any of the <, > or any of the alternative representation like &lt;
should return a validation failure message. How do I do that?. I believe that if I give a
pattern to regex, it shows error message if it DOES NOT match the pattern but here I know
the pattern which the input field must not match in order to be valid. Any help?

<field-validator type="regex">
<param name="expression"><![CDATA[!(^.*(<|>|&lt;|&gt;|&#60;|&#62;)+.*$)]]></param>
[i want to provide a pattern such that the input string does not match it]
<message>Input has invalid characters</message>

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message