struts-user mailing list archives

From "bhaarat Sharma" <bhaara...@gmail.com>
Subject Struts 1 - using POI and FormFile to read an excel file
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 22:14:27 GMT
Hello,

I am currently using Struts 1 - FormFile to uplaod various documents.  Now I
have a requirement to read an excel file as the user uploads it. For this I
am using Apache POI.

this is how poi reads an excel sheet

InputStream myxls = new FileInputStream("workbook.xls"));
HSSFWorkbook wb     = new HSSFWorkbook(myxls);

Does someone know a way so that I can give the FormFile object to the
HSSFWorkBook Constructor?

Basically I will be getting the uploaded excel file from the user as
userObject.getUploadedFile() //which returns a FormFile object.

Thanks for any help!!
-bhaarat