struts-user mailing list archives

From Volker Karlmeier <vol...@magiccode.eu>
Subject Re: How to pre-select a select list?
Date Sat, 10 May 2008 12:09:21 GMT

Hi,

are you using struts1 ? This looks something strange to me.

Just use
<s:select name="role"
~                        list="availableRoles"
~                        cssClass="input"/>

If you have getter and setter vor role (getRole()/setRole()) in your
action class,
struts will populate (and select the proper entry) for you.

Volker

hellriserchet schrieb:
| Hi everybody,
|
| I have a form for updating the user information in my application.
This form
| is loaded when I click on an "update" link in my user information table.
|
| The update form includes: username, password, and email fields,
followed by
| a drop-down list of available user groups that the user can be part of
(this
| list is dynamically generated from a table in DB). I easily
pre-populate the
| text fields like this:

| where "editinguser" is the name of the bean containing the user object
| information, stored in the session.
|
| My problem is that I don't know how to pre-select the related user
group in
| the combo-box. At present my code is:

| labelProperty="groupname" />
|
| where allUserGroups is the collection containing the group objects.
Now how
| can I make the groupid of "editinguser" be selected in allUserGroups
| combo-box?
|
| TIA.

- --

Volker Karlmeier