struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: dojo 1.1 in struts 2.0.11 portlets
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 08:09:10 GMT
tom tom wrote:
> dojo 1.1 Grid looks very good,
>
> but it is still under dojox project, because of that
> we are thinking twice
>
> How flexible the YUI datagrid and how about the
> integration with Struts 2,
>
> Is that grid in beta like dojo grid or ready for
> production support
>
> Thanks,

The YUI datagrid is very flexible and works great with Struts 2.  Just
get in an try it out in a little test application.  Don't forget though
that it is a completely different appropriate to client-side programming
compared to Dojo.  You also need to consider where your application is
going and what other widgets you may need.  YUI deliberately leave a lot
of things out that may want.  Instead they provide APIs.

In terms of stability, the YUI grid is fine.  The known issues are
discussed at the bottom of the documentation.  It's beta because the API
is subject to change, and there was a significant change between 2.5.0
and 2.5.1.  I can only speculate, but I expect there'll be some more
changes as their Charting widget uses the same DataSource API as the
datagrid and charting is experimental, but my experience with these guys
has only been positive so far.