struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: dojo 1.1 in struts 2.0.11 portlets
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 06:47:27 GMT
tom tom wrote:
> Thanks Jeromy,
>
> Is there any reason why YUI datagrid instead of dojo
> 1.1 grid,
>
> Isn't it risky to depend on YUI datagrid,
>
> Thanks

Moving to YUI datagrid is no riskier than moving to Dojo 1.1.  They're
both good libraries.  Dojo 1.1 is very different than 0.4 but not as
different as YUI.
Each use different programming models and approaches (as do the other
libraries I referenced) so choose one that you're comfortable or
productive with.

In fact, the very first thing I did with YUI was create a small test
action with an ajax datagrid.

Anyway watch this video tutorial about the DojoX datagrid:
http://dojocampus.org/content/2008/02/17/dojox-grid/

Hope that helps,
Jeromy Evans