struts-user mailing list archives

From Volker Karlmeier <vol...@magiccode.eu>
Subject Re: Formatting a number: all I get is the key
Date Sun, 04 May 2008 07:57:04 GMT

Hi,

any exception occured ? Just for a try: put the package*.properties in
the package where you have your action class.

Volker

Graham Leggett schrieb:
| Hi all,
|
| After following the instructions at
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11.1/docs/localization.html, I have ended
up with a jsp file that contains the following:

value="amount"/></s:text></td>

| I understand that I have to create the key "format.number" in a
resource bundle, and again, following the instructions, I have placed it
in a resource bundle called package.properties in the root of the classpath.

| format.number={0,number,#,##0.0#;(#)}
| format.date={0,date,dd-MMM-yyyy}
|
| I double checked that package.properties is included in the war file,
and it is:

| ./src/main/resources/package.properties
| ./target/classes/package.properties
| ./target/statement-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes/package.properties
|
| Instead of printing out "(10)" representing the number "-10", instead
it prints "format.number".

| I have read and reread the documentation, and I cannot see where I
have gone wrong.

| Can anyone see the flaw that I am missing?
|
| Regards,
| Graham
| --

- --