struts-user mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <>
Subject Formatting a number: all I get is the key
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 22:52:57 GMT
Hi all,

After following the instructions at, I have ended
up with a jsp file that contains the following:

I understand that I have to create the key "format.number" in a resource
bundle, and again, following the instructions, I have placed it in a
resource bundle called in the root of the classpath.

I double checked that is included in the war file,
and it is:

Instead of printing out "(10)" representing the number "-10", instead it
prints "format.number".

I have read and reread the documentation, and I cannot see where I have
gone wrong.

Can anyone see the flaw that I am missing?

View raw message