struts-user mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Formatting a number: all I get is the key
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 22:52:57 GMT
Hi all,

After following the instructions at
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11.1/docs/localization.html, I have ended
up with a jsp file that contains the following:

value="amount"/></s:text></td>

I understand that I have to create the key "format.number" in a resource
bundle, and again, following the instructions, I have placed it in a
resource bundle called package.properties in the root of the classpath.

format.number={0,number,#,##0.0#;(#)}
format.date={0,date,dd-MMM-yyyy}

I double checked that package.properties is included in the war file,
and it is:

./src/main/resources/package.properties
./target/classes/package.properties
./target/statement-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes/package.properties

Instead of printing out "(10)" representing the number "-10", instead it
prints "format.number".

I have read and reread the documentation, and I cannot see where I have
gone wrong.

Can anyone see the flaw that I am missing?

Regards,
Graham