struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: dojo 1.1 in struts 2.0.11 portlets
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 04:48:52 GMT
tom tom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In order to leverage the full capabilities of dojo 1.1
> (latest) with the latest stable struts version. What
> exactlyt the best practice.
>
> The things we concerned are as followes
>
> 1) Will there be a conflict in the different dojo
> versions in struts 2.0.11 and dojo 1.1

Yes, the Struts2 ajax-theme tags will conflict with Dojo 1.1.  Don't use
tue struts2 ajax-themed tags.
> 2) Will it impact any struts tags behaviours etc.

Yes, definitely as the Struts2 ajax tags are for Dojo 0.4.x.
> If there is a better way to explore the new features
> of dojo pls do let us know, or any other best practice

Yes, use Dojo 1.1 directly within your JSP.  Don't attempt to use the
Struts 2 ajax tags (dojo 0.4) at the same time as Dojo 1.1.  Juse use
the css/xhtml themed struts tags and dojo's own markup and widgets.