struts-user mailing list archives

From Milan Milanovic <milanmilanov...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Struts 2] Datetimepicker tag Bug ?!
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 17:06:20 GMT
By using this name="delivery.date" attribute it reads the date good, but it can't store it
back! It generates this error below 'ParametersInterceptor' ?

  --
  Thx, Milan

Milan Milanovic <milanmilanovich@yahoo.com> wrote:
  And when I add "value" attribute to this tag like this:

format="#yyyy-#MM-#dd" name="delivery.date" />

it generates and exception:

18:24:22,531 ERROR org.apache.struts2.components.DateTimePicker:316 - Could not parse date
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "pregled.odPeriod"
at java.text.DateFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.struts2.components.DateTimePicker.format(DateTimePicker.java:309)
at org.apache.struts2.components.DateTimePicker.evaluateParams(DateTimePicker.java:202)
at org.apache.struts2.components.UIBean.end(UIBean.java:481)
at org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.ComponentTagSupport.doEndTag(ComponentTagSupport.java:43)

Milan Milanovic wrote:
It seems that there is a bug with tag. I defined it as in documentation:

I have delivery object in my action class with date field (of type java.util.Date) and all
necessary get/set methods. But when I submit the form I get this error:

17:55:47,968 ERROR com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor:204 - ParametersInterceptor
- [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught setting 'delivery.date' on 'class com.myProject.actions.MyTestAction:
Error setting expression 'delivery.date' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@3b678'

It seems that Struts 2 always send String for any type of tag and that it cannot set Date
?

--
Thx in advance, Milan