struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Kiley" <jhki...@summa-tech.com>
Subject Re: Setting HTML form parameters to Custom classes (not action support)
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 12:01:50 GMT
I would handle this by creating an ordinary Java class for the page, and
then having the following fields:

public class MyAction {
C1 a;
C2 b;
C3 c;

//...
}

...and make sure I had a public getA() and setA(), getB() and setB(), and so
on.

If you need to preset values for a, b, and c, one option is to have MyAction
implement Preparable, and put the pre-population in the prepare() method
that it requires.

jk