struts-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Gagnon" <mgag...@genome.med.harvard.edu>
Subject FW: password> Problem
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 17:40:41 GMT
Single line breaks were dropped by Outlook...reposting for readability

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Gagnon [mailto:mgagnon@genome.med.harvard.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 1:24 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: password> Problem

The form could just not require the user to enter a password then.

So, you'd have a change password (call this A) and change password
confirmation textboxes (call this B) and:

1. If A has a non-null value that is not equal to B, display an error

2. If A has a non-null value that is equal to B, submit the form

3. If A has a null value, regardless of B, submit the form

4. In the update action, if password is null, do not update this field

5. In the update action, if password is not null, change the value in the DB
(from the above, this will only occur when both A and B had matching
non-null values)