struts-user mailing list archives

From Milan Milanovic <milanmilanov...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Struts 2] Combo box question
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 14:34:09 GMT
Hi,
I have a simple action class, for example like this:
public class comboboxTag extends ActionSupport{

  private List<Fruit> fruits;
    private FruitService service;
public String execute()throws Exception{
    fruits = service.getFruits();
    return SUCCESS;

  }
}
fruits field should be connected to combobox in my jsp page. I have two questions, the first
is list
for combobox should be only List<String> type or it can be List<Fruit> ?
The second question is that I don't want every time to call my service to repopulate fruits
field (and combo box),
when one work in this page, I want to do this just once (in first start of the page) ? I ask
this because I will have
5 combo boxes on a master/detail jsp page.
--
Thx, Milan Milanovic

Be a better friend, newshound, and