struts-user mailing list archives

From "Relph,Brian" <Brian.Re...@Cerner.com>
Subject RE: Struts 2.0 and RAD 7.0
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 15:39:26 GMT

And your web.xml?

Brian Relph

-----Original Message-----
From: achandra [mailto:alokcs@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 10:07 AM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Re: Struts 2.0 and RAD 7.0

Hi Guys,
  Thank you for such a prompt response. I am uploading two MS word document.
One contains the print screen that will show you where I have placed my various files in RAD
and other will show you the content of the files I am using. I have tried various combinations
in the struts.xml and struts-validation.xml and hopefully using the right jar files. Please
let me know what am I doing wrong. I feel like I am just one step away and there is something
really small that I am missing or doing wrong.
Thank you

achandra wrote:

> I have been trying to working on RAD and Struts 2.0. I have tried
> every possible thing I could. The very first page works fine, but
> there after when I click the submit button it brings the URL back with
> the .action extension and throws an error that message couldn't be
> found. I am keeping it very simple. Just a hello world example. But it
> is still not working. I don't think Struts 2.0 should be that complex
> to adapt. It is very discouraging. I am using online tutorials to use
> package name, keep the jsp files in the folders etc. I am following
> guidelines from the tutorials, but it is simply not working. Can
> somebody help me and let me know what am I doing wrong?? I can show
> you the directory structure which I am using but seems like it is not even going to the
action class.
> Although when I try to type the action class in struts.xml, it tells
> me if I am making a typo mistake in describing the action class in
> struts.xml file but when I run it and try writing a system.out or
> system.err in the action class or try to set a break point, it doesn't
> find it.. It is very disappointing. I don't want to go back to struts
> 1.3 but if it doesn't work then seems like I won't have any other choice.
> Thank you

http://www.nabble.com/file/p17364305/StrutsRADprob.doc StrutsRADprob.doc http://www.nabble.com/file/p17364305/StrutsRADprob1.doc
StrutsRADprob1.doc