struts-user mailing list archives

From "Relph,Brian" <Brian.Re...@Cerner.com>
Subject RE: Struts 2 and Sitemesh
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 19:21:44 GMT

You might try this:

<page:applyDecorator name="theDecorator">
	<s:action name="footer" executeResult="true" />
</page:applyDecorator>

You can also reference this issue:

Brian Relph

-----Original Message-----
From: Relph,Brian [mailto:Brian.Relph@Cerner.com]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 2:14 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Struts 2 and Sitemesh

Can you provide your struts.xml?

Brian Relph

-----Original Message-----
From: Asleson, Ryan [mailto:asleson@BIWORLDWIDE.com]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 1:52 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Struts 2 and Sitemesh

Hello,

I'm new to Struts 2 and have some experience with Sitemesh, but I'm having trouble getting
the two to work together.

I have defined a decorator like this:

    <decorator name="main" page="default.jsp">
        <pattern>/*.action</pattern>
    </decorator>

So it should be decorating anything that goes to Struts 2.  The default.jsp file has a line
that looks like this:

<page:applyDecorator name="theDecorator" page="/include/footer.action <http://www.biworldwide.com/info/index.html>
" />

When I run the page it fails with this error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/myapp/include/footer.action

I know the decorator default.jsp is being applied because when I remove the <page:applyDecorator>
tag from it there are no errors.

If I change the <page:applyDecorator>'s page attribute to be an external website, it
works too.

So, it looks like it's not getting the call to another internal action.
I've triple-check the path and it is correct.  In fact, I disabled Sitemesh and went to the
/myapp/include/footer.action and it displayed correctly.

Here's what's in web.xml:

     <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>struts-cleanup</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

   <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

I don't know what else to do.  Can anybody figure out what's going on??

Thank you!!

-Ryan

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail,
delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.