struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: execAndWait interceptor and setting request attribute throws NPException
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 22:03:55 GMT
akash agrawal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I use execAndWait interceptor and set some request attribute in my action, I get
NPE:

> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.setAttribute(Request.java:1376)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.setAttribute(RequestFacade.java:500)
> 	at javax.servlet.ServletRequestWrapper.setAttribute(ServletRequestWrapper.java:283)
>
> Ideas?

Don't set that request attribute?... You really need to provide more
information than this. For starters:

- how are you using the execAndWait interceptor (how do you have it
configured)

- what does your action mapping look like?

- how are you setting the request attribute? where? (in your action?)

- what is the request attribute you're setting? what are you setting it
to? and, since it's an NPE, have you *confirmed* that neither the
attribute name nor the value are null?

- *where* is this exception occurring? (we can't tell, because you
truncated the stack trace)

- what does the *complete* stack trace look like?

L.